- Which is the comparative form of the adverb high?
- What are superlatives examples?
- What is comparative of good?
- What is an example of a comparative?
- What is the superlative of beautiful?
- What is the comparative and superlative of high?
- What is mean by highest?
- What is the superlative of good?
- What is the superlative of expensive?
- What is difficult comparison?
- What is the superlative of clearly?
- What is the comparative form of high?
- What is superlative degree of high?
- What is the comparative of dirty?
- What is the comparative of beautiful?
Which is the comparative form of the adverb high?
Comparison of AdverbsAbsoluteComparativeSuperlativeearlyearlierearliestfastfasterfastesthardharderhardesthighhigherhighest4 more rows.
What are superlatives examples?
Here are some examples of superlative adjectives in action:I can’t find my most comfortable jeans.The runt of the litter is the smallest.Jupiter is the biggest planet in our solar system.She is the smartest girl in our class.This is the most interesting book I have ever read.I am the shortest person in my family.More items…
What is comparative of good?
Both good and well change to better and best in their comparative and superlative forms. Use the comparative form – better – when comparing two items. Examples – better as adjective. Example – better as adverb. Use the superlative form – best – when comparing three or more items.
What is an example of a comparative?
Adjectives in the comparative form compare two people, places, or things. For example, in the sentence, ‘John is smarter, but Bob is taller,’ the comparative forms of the adjectives ‘smart’ (smarter) and’ tall’ (taller) are used to compare two people, John and Bob.
What is the superlative of beautiful?
Answer and Explanation: The superlative form of the adjective ‘beautiful’ is ‘most beautiful,’ not ‘beautifullest.
What is the comparative and superlative of high?
The rules to form comparatives and superlatives: One syllable adjective ending in more than one consonant or more than a vowel (or long vowels) — high, cheap, soft. Comparative — ‘er’ is added — higher, cheaper, softer. Superlative — ‘est is added — highest, cheapest , softest.
What is mean by highest?
1. a. Having a relatively great elevation; extending far upward: a high mountain; a high tower. b. Extending a specified distance upward: a cabinet ten feet high.
What is the superlative of good?
Irregular comparatives and superlativesAdjectiveComparativeSuperlativegoodbetterbestbadworseworstlittlelessleastmuchmoremost1 more row
What is the superlative of expensive?
expensive (comparative more expensive, superlative most expensive)
What is difficult comparison?
2. Comparison with more – mostpositivecomparativesuperlativedifficultmore difficult(the) most difficult
What is the superlative of clearly?
More clearer Clearly, clearer is more clear in terms of the natural choice based on the syllable rule of grammar. However, we can use ‘more clear’ as well, especially for formal tones or talks, which is perfectly fine!
What is the comparative form of high?
List of comparative superlative and adjectives from A to ZAdjectiveComparativeSuperlativehighhigherhighesthiphipperhippesthothotterhottesthumblehumblerhumblest157 more rows
What is superlative degree of high?
The positive form is the base form of the adjective. The comparative form expresses a higher degree of some quality. The superlative form expresses the highest degree.
What is the comparative of dirty?
dirty (comparative dirtier, superlative dirtiest) Unclean ; covered with or containing unpleasant substances such as dirt or grime .
What is the comparative of beautiful?
Adjectives with more than two syllables can only make their comparative by using ‘more’ and their superlative by using ‘most’. beautiful → more beautiful / most beautiful.